2007/07/17

Penang and Lankawi

After Kuala Lumper I went to Lankawi for 2 days. Lankawi is surround by 99 islands so that make it very beautiful and splendid. I like the view that many small islands are just opposite the beach and the sea is peaceful. Though Lankawi is famous for sightseeing and has many five star hotels now, it still remain the originally life type of Malaysian. The farm, the tree, the fish farm, the people, all are just like the small country in Taiwan. This is also the reason why I like this island so much. I swam there, enjoyed the beach and the sunshine, talked with local people and had lot of fun there. I think I will go back to Lankawi someday.

Now, I am in Penang, the other island which is 2.5hr away from Lankawi by ferry. Not like Lankawi, the majority of Penang are Malaysia Chinese and Indian. The China Town is just next to the Little India. You can find chinese food and India food on the same street. Awsome. I feel lazy to go sightseeing today so I just went to the Penang Hill, which is the highest hill in Penang(700M), and stayed at there for 4 hours. It was quiet a long time because there was nothing to do and bored. I had a luxury lunch(327NT), read the novel and talked to people.
I talked with two Korean sisters and one said that last year she traveled along for 2 months and felt lonely in the night afterwards. I think I just have the same feeling now, I thougt it was because of homesick but actually not.

In Penang I went to vist the Islam Mosque twice, one is yesterday night and today afternoon and I met two Indian Muslims. The first one talked a lot about Islam and the diff. btw Buddish and Christian and Musliam. In his mind the Islam is the best. The other guy was pleased to show me around and tour for me however his final perpose was asking me for donating. He said he look after the Mosque and buy food for Muslims and asked me to give him money so that he can buy them food. well......bullshit. I think not all the Muslims are like him but I don't like this behavior at all. Asking the money for turistors and then gone away....what's this on earth!!!

I didn't go to the beach in Penang. It's too far away from my hostel and I think the beach in Lankawi is good enough for me. Compare with Lankawi and Penang, I think I will go back to Lankawi more and more times but Penang....hm......

so sorry for my poor Eng. sigh....

No comments: